|Auto Mechanic instructor Terry Shaffer works with|
a student in Bates' auto shop.
The exams are written to measure the knowledge of diagnostic and repair skills necessary for competent job performance. Experienced professionals who work daily on vehicle systems know these test questions pertain to everyday work in the shop.
A panel of technical service experts from vehicle manufacturers, repair and test equipment and parts manufacturers, working technicians and educators have written the test questions.
Eight students enrolled in the Automotive Technology program have passed one or more ASE Industry certifications.
These students are:
- John Armour--Brakes, Electrical Electronics
- Mathew Burke--Engine Repair, Electrical Electronics, Parts Specialists
- Ronald Dehn--Engine Repair, Automatic Transmissions, Electrical Electronics, Brakes, Parts Specialists
- Trebion Dixon--Brakes, Engine Performance
- Joshua Hall--Engine Repair, Brakes
- Jared Lewis--Engine Repair, Electrical Electronics, Manual Transmissions, Automatic Transmissions, Engine Performance
- Dustin McCeachern--Brakes, Engine Repair, Manual Transmissions, Electrical Electronics, Engine Performance
- Shawn Oliver--Engine Performance, Electrical Electronics