|September is National Preparedness|
Month. Prepare. Plan. Stay informed.
Pierce County has plenty of fun activities planned for National Preparedness Month.
• Check out the Pierce County Emergency Management 2011 National Preparedness Month website at www.piercecountywa.gov/preparednessmonth
• Pledge to Prepare Challenge. We are asking residents of Pierce County to make the pledge to: build or update your disaster kit, write or update your family disaster plan, or get involved in disaster response in your community. To make your pledge visit www.piercecountywa.gov/preparednessmonth and click on the pledge form.
• Watch the 9/11 special on PCTV (channel 22/78). The show reflects on the tragedy of 9/11 and how preparedness has changed in Pierce County.
PC users: http://pcn110901.s3.amazonaws.com/PCN110901WS2.wmv
Mac users: http://pcn110901.s3.amazonaws.com/PCN110901WS2.mp4
• Follow the Pierce County Department of Emergency Management on Facebook at www.facebook.com/piercecountydem. Each day during National Preparedness Month they will post a preparedness action step.
• Drop, Cover and Hold on Sept. 21 at 10:15 a.m. for the state-wide earthquake drill.
• Watch for the distribution of the 2012 “Who Depends on You” Emergency Preparedness Calendar. Students from Pierce County schools submitted their artwork for this year’s calendar.
• Center for Disease Control and Prevention--Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Red Cross have teamed up to answer common questions and provide step-by-step guidance you can take now to protect you and your loved ones.
• Ready.gov--Check this website out for quick and easy tips on how to make an emergency kit; download easy-to-use emergency forms and family plans; and explore the section especially dedicated to children.
Download this image for quick and easy emergency preparedness tips:
|Click to enlarge.|