More than 420 potential students took the first step towards success at Bates' annual Open House on Thursday, April 19.
"We had a great turnout and are looking forward to building on the relationships we made with potential students, career counselors and community agencies," said Outreach and Recruitment Manager Patricia Chase.
Below are just a few comments Chase has received about the event:
- “Your South Campus is another excellent example of the progress you have made in responding to students’ needs. Thanks for conducting the open house; I am sure it will open more doors for many.” Career Counselor, Chehalis School District
- “Bates' programs provide students with a great option for success in careers [that are] in demand and [have] a good future. Thanks for showing your campus, resources, and for giving us the opportunity to see it firsthand.” Thurston CTC program Coordinator.
- “Thank you for making it fun!” Student, Quilcene School District
- “Nice talking to the Nursing Program in person” Student, Bremerton School District
The Outreach & Recruitment Department would like to extend special thanks to:
- Fire Service students for working so hard to provide campus tours.
- Culinary Arts students for preparing the delicious lunch
- Commercial Truck Driving-Entry Level for providing bus transportation
- And to all the student and staff volunteers, and our faculty, for taking the time to participate and help to make this event a success.