Bates employees took time on Thursday afternoon to celebrate a great year filled with many accomplishments and milestones. Staff dined on delicious cake and fruit served by our amazing culinary arts students, while Alan Tiger, human relations instructor, delivered an uplifting speech on the year's accomplishments.
Bates Technical College Achievements
- Bates Technical College faced huge enrollment challenges in 2011-2012. Colleges in the system must produce Full-Time Equivalents (FTE’s) at a minimum of 96% of a two year rolling average. Due to the clock to credit conversion and other factors, Bates was at significant risk of not meeting this goal. Because of the efforts of every single employee, Bates will end the year at 98.3% of our allocation. We are proud of this significant accomplishment.
- A new partnership was forged with ELS Language Services, which will bring hundreds of prospective international students to Bates this fall.
- Bates Technical College increased its operating fund balance from $650K negative to a positive balance of over $2.7M in just a few years, creating necessary fiscal health for the future. This was done while also facing significant reductions in state funding.
- The college took necessary steps to resolve several financial issues, which ultimately resulted in a commendation for honesty and clarity from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- The college successfully completed a clock to credit conversion two years ago. Although not easy, the conversion was completed in just one year and we successfully transitioned all of our students and services with minimal impact.
- Bates unveiled a new college website that better reflects the college’s branding and is easier for prospective students to navigate, which helps improve student enrollment management efforts.
Thanks for a great year!